Wi-Fi / SMA antenna
In this chapter you will learn about the Wi-Fi / SMA antenna and its chipset.
The SMA antenna is supplied as standard in the evoVIU packaging and can simply be screwed onto the SMA socket. It is recommended to tighten the antenna afterwards with an open-end wrench.
Through the antenna, the camera has the following options:
The evoVIU includes LSR’s pre-certified high-performance Sterling-LWB5 dual band 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi ® Smart Ready multi-standard module, based on Cypress’ CYW43353 chipset and supporting IEEE standard 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n.
2. Key Features Wi-Fi
- IEEE 802 ac/a/b/g/n
- SMA Female Connector
- Country certification: FCC (USA), IC (Canada), ETSI (Europe) Giteki (Japan) and RCM (AU/NZ)
- Adjustable options in VISIONWEB
- Disabled – Wifi interface is switched off
- Access point – Wifi interface provides an access point – info in OverVIU information
- Auto – scan of the surrounding network area with login
- Static – own login to the Wifi network with IP address setting
3. conversion Wi-Fi to mobile
- Shut down the evoVIU Smart camera via the application.
- Turn off the power supply to the camera.
- Unscrew the back plate of the camera.
- When dismantling, make sure that the heat conducting foil does not pull the SOM module down with it.
- The SMA antenna is plugged onto the u.FL connector of the SOM module. Carefully disconnect it and reconnect it to the u.FL connector of the dock.
- Check that the heat conducting foil is still in the correct place on the cover plate.
- Check that the u.FL cable does not cause a short circuit with other electronic components.
- Insert the nanoSIM into the SIM slot of the dock.
- Screw the cover plate back on.
4. Variant Number
0: Wi-Fi / 1: Mobile